Teacher Assistant - Elementary
Job | Posted 17 days ago
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5
Hourly rate: $13.95
- Name: Carla Jensen
- Phone: 801-610-8121
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Teacher Assistant is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for working with individual and/or small groups of students; and providing clerical support to teacher/s and staff.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers classroom assignments, tests, homework assignments, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the instructional process.
- Assists students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. read stories, listen to students read, providing writing assistance, reinforce English lessons, provide spelling practice, facilitate activities, computer learning programs, etc.) for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching academic goals and grade level standards.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Communicates with teachers and/or parents for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing classroom objectives.
- Implements, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, and manual and electronic files and records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; providing a safe learning environment; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, library, lunchroom, bus loading/unloading, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
- Supervises and escorts kids to/from classes for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment for students.
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.