ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Business Services) (CC:5079)
Job | Posted 9 days ago
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide administrative support to an Administrator within the district.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Develops and implements procedures, protocols and processes within the department or unit.
- Provides secretarial support such as preparing correspondence and other written documents, receives phone calls, answers questions and routes messages; schedules and prepares for meetings, processes mail, schedules appointments and keeps calendar.
- Prepares reports, maintains records, coordinates departmental activities, analyzes financial or project data, and makes recommendations.
- Organizes and completes special projects as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget and maintains budget records throughout the year. Maintains, submits and receives purchase orders and invoices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office administration.
- Knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
- Knowledge of report preparation, basic accounting and budget principles.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Skill in operating office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
- Skill in performing mathematical computations.
- Skill in maintaining confidential information.
- Skill in composing memos, letters, reports and other documents.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with co-workers, parents and others.
- College or University Degree, preferred
- Three (3) years office experience, preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred.