JobID 589 : Bus Driver (3 vacancies) (#357143)
JOB TITLE: Bus Driver
WORK YEAR: 190 work days
WORK STATUS: Classified Hourly, Non-Exempt and At-Will
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
Responsible for the safe transportation of students to and from schools and in various other district activities. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs pre and post trip safety inspections, updates route maps and schedules.
- Drives specified routes and transports students, discharges students at authorized stops only.
- Instructs passengers on safety procedures and fire drills.
- Maintains order and discipline on the bus, reports major disciplinary problems to supervisor.
- Drives for field trips.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
No bus driver experience required
Must be 21 years of age
High school graduate
Licenses or Certification:
Must have (or be able to obtain) CDL, Class B, with P2 and S Endorsements.
- Is flexible
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with supervisors and co-workers
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Observes all district policies and procedures
- Supports the Sheridan School District Strategic Plan
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Some dust and dirt, fumes and odors, noise, temperature extremes, hazardous situations
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions required the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling: and signification fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires sitting, walking, and standing. This job is performed in generally a clean and healthy environment.
- Occasional lifting 5 to over 50 pounds
- Constant sitting
- Frequent reaching
- Occasional standing, walking, squatting, stooping, climbing
Must clear background check through the CBI and the FBI through Fingerprint submission.
Employees who are scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week are eligible to obtain district benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and supplemental benefits. Positions that qualify for benefits also qualify for leave which could include vacation and daily leave to be determined by the position and number of days assigned. Sheridan School District No. 2 is a public employer and participates in the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA). All employees are required by state statute to contribute 8% of salary on a pre-tax basis to PERA through 6/30/2019. Effective 7/1/2019, employees will be required by state statute to contribute 8.75% of salary on a pre-tax basis to PERA. The District contributes 20.15% in addition to employee contribution through 6/30/2019 and will contribute 20.4% after 7/1/2019.
All interested and qualified applicants must complete an online application at www.ssd2.org. Incomplete applications and resumes received in lieu of applications will not be considered. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. This position will close once the vacancy has been filled.