TITLE: GENERAL MECHANIC II
1. Ability to read basic operating instructions and write reports.
2. Demonstrates aptitude for successful completion of the tasks assigned.
3. Demonstrates supervisory ability and can independently successfully complete tasks assigned.
4. At least two years experience as a mechanic or successful completion of course work and/or formal training.
5. Have general knowledge of all phases of vehicle maintenance and repair.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Immediate supervisor and Area Shop Foreman
JOB GOAL: To contribute to the efficient operation of the Transportation Department by assisting the Director of Operations in maintaining the fleet in certified safe working order.
1. Performs safety inspections and minor/major repairs on all vehicles.
2. Services vehicles with fuel and oil, to include buses, trucks, cars, and related equipment.
3. Checks and services transportation vehicles and equipment with established procedures or as required.
4. Cleans garage areas, buildings, tools, and equipment.
5. Drives vehicles as required.
6. Prepares records and reports on work accomplished.
7. Observes safety rules at all times.
8. Adheres to the instructions contained in the Transportation Department directives as well as the School Board policies.
9. Attains school bus driver certification.
10. Performs emergency duties in the transporting of children when required.
11. Performs other related duties when required.
12. Must be on 24 hour call for emergencies.
13. All other such job related duties as shall be assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Superintendent of Schools.
14. Assumes the responsibility to report for evacuation shelter support in the event of an emergency and any other duties assigned during an emergency evacuation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve months. Salary to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor under the direction of the Director of Operations.
REVISED: 10/11/11REVISED: 3/27/18