Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Garth Hunt, Facilities Operations Manager at (385)-646-8487 or email email@example.com
This is a 40 hour per week contract position.
|Job Title||Warehouse Worker|
|Department||Bates Central Kitchen|
|Supervisor||Manager / Director|
|Contract Length||12 months|
|Last Review Date||July 2018|
Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, shelves, delivery trucks, etc. Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, pallet jack, forklift, etc. Maintains and compiles records as required. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Review purchase orders daily to identify deliveries and determine spacing availability; create receiving schedule and arrange delivery appointments with suppliers.
- Down-stack goods onto pallets and utilize forklifts, pallet jacks, lift gates, etc. to unload food and supplies from supplier trucks.
- Verify shipment invoices match purchase order specifications, check and count delivered goods, document and report shortages, damages, defects, and other discrepancies.
- Address shortages, damages, defects, and other discrepancies with supplier and supplier’s driver, coordinate product refusals with suppliers.
- Notify Purchasing of receiving issues, and document changes to purchase orders.
- Enter receiving information into district inventory tracking system, create tag identification labels for each pallet prior to assigning and placing in appropriate storage location.
- Monitor and maintain accurate warehouse inventory levels by performing recordkeeping duties, entering information into district inventory tracking system, and conducting physical inspections.
- Communicate inventory shortages, surpluses, abnormalities, etc. to manager to ensure proper rotation and flow of goods to and from production area.
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks, floor jacks, lifts, etc. to pull orders, rotate, organize, stock, and restock shelves following the first in, first out (FIFO) method.
- Ensure safety and effective storage location and optimization when stacking, adjusting, storing, and labeling pallets and goods.
- Monitor temperature of warehouse storage areas and walk-ins.
- Maintain warehouse equipment, perform daily inspections, tag-out broke equipment, and coordinate equipment repairs with district maintenance.
- May drive delivery trucks/vans to make deliveries and/or pick-ups, may run food delivery route including loading and unloading truck and completing paperwork.
- Review and verity order requisitions, verify correct goods are ordered
- Fulfill Central Kitchen requisitions by pulling, delivering, and restocking goods to requested locations, confirm, and verify quantities, product, and location placement.
- Fulfill school kitchen requisitions by accurately pulling goods, orders into cages, carts and/or pallets, preparing and placing labels on loaded cages and carts and pallets, and storing loaded cages, carts, and pallets in appropriate locations.
- Respond to fulfill emergency requisitions.
- Coordinate inventory shortages and outages with Purchasing and Central Kitchen, track outages and fill backorders, recommend substitute products based on inventory on hand.
- Follow processes to receive and restock goods into inventory not used I order to requests, ensure returned goods are not expired, damaged, or unusable prior to receiving.
- Coordinate small ware inventory tracking, order projections, purchase orders, and fulfillment requests, coordinate small ware order and inventory concerns with Purchasing.
- Ensure order fulfillment paperwork is complete and entered district inventory tracking system to ensure accurate inventory levels.
- Conduct physical count of food warehouse stock during scheduled inventories or as assigned.
- Review inventory reports to research and locate negative inventory quantities.
- Conduct spot checks on warehouse stock and compare with inventory reports.
- Make adjustments in district inventory tracking system after completing inventory counts and research.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Utah driver’s license
Six (6) months of prior job-related experience
Forklift certification or willing to obtain
Food handlers’ permit or willing to obtain
Required Prior Experience
- Six (6) months of prior job-related experience
- Knowledge and understanding of warehouse work including receiving, stocking, picking, pulling, packing, and transporting food deliveries to schools.
- Skilled in organizing and maintain orders.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written requests.
- Skilled in the use of operation of forklifts, pallet jacks, floor jacks, lifts, etc.
- Basic computer skills.
- Skilled in positive and effective communication.
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish tasks assigned. Needs to be able to motivate people to work cooperatively and efficiently as a team. Must be able to handle emergencies as they arise. Must take direction well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with staff, managers, directors, vendors, and other district personnel.
Oversee hourly driver/warehouse workers.
Some assignments are outside in heat, cold, dirt, and inclement weather. Some hazards include driving, handling small quantities of hazardous materials, working at heights, and using material handling equipment. May move large, heavy items up and down stairs. Continuous pressure to complete tasks in a variety of work assignments with involuntary interruptions and extended days in meeting deadlines.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.