Student and Family Outreach Support Liason
Student and Family Outreach
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 29 hours per week
Hourly rate: $18.69
- Name: Amie Sisam
- Phone: 801-610-8573
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Student and Family Outreach liason is done for the purpose/s of providing support to students who are vulnerable to gang recruitment and show common signs of gang involvement, and providing student centered and goal-oriented support to students, youth, and parents/guardians in order to increase academic performance, sociol-emotional well-being, protective factors, and resiliency, and to aid in decreasing high risk behaviors.
This job reports to Lead Outreach Worker in assigned area.
- Acts as a liaison between school district and parents/students for the purpose of facilitating access to resources.
- Assists in maintaining a variety of confidential and non-confidential manual and electronic lists and records (e.g. case files, attendance, progress, etc.) for the purpose of providing reference, tracking progress, and/or meeting mandated requirements within the Gang Prevention Grant.
- Assists parents with locating and enrolling in skill development courses for the purpose of promoting parental effectiveness to support student achievement.
- Assists assigned administrators in developing program resources for the purpose of fostering community resources and developing reference lists of available community resources.
- Conducts home visits for the purpose of assessing family needs.
- Implements intervention activities for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing productive alternatives to gang-related activities.
- Monitors student behavior for the purpose of identifying students who may need intervention and providing information to appropriate instructional staff.
- Orients students, families and volunteers for the purpose of establishing familiarity with program, services, and required processes.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, and in-service training programs for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and remaining knowledgeable with program guidelines.
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports and written materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to parents, staff; providing written support, developing recommendations and/or conveying information.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as may be required.
Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records. KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: instructional procedures and practices; safety practices and procedures; concepts of grammar and punctuation; community resources; age appropriate student activities; and conflict resolution.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment.
Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; working as part of a team; working with detailed information including maintaining data and scheduling activities; and moving from location to location throughout the day.
Responsibility Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines; providing information and/or advising others; operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is some opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
Job related experience is required.
Targeted, job related education with study in job-related area is preferred.
Spanish Language fluency preferred.