SPED Para I / Resource - Secondary
Job | Posted 5 days ago
Special Education Para-Educator I
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours per day: 6
Hourly rate: $13.95
- Name: Lisa Gallagher, Mark Whitaker
- Phone: 801-610-8780
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
The job of SpEd Para I is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care and instruction of special needs students in the resource classroom; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior; and providing information to appropriate school personnel.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives and IEP goals.
- Assists with data collection under the direction of the assigned teacher for the purpose of monitoring student progress.
- Administers immediate first aid and medical assistance as instructed by a health care professional (e.g. medication, tube feeding, etc.) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs of students.
- Attends job specific trainings (e.g. first aid, behavior management, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, professional support personnel, for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
- Demonstrates appropriate role modeling (e.g. conversation, manners, emotional support, listening skills, friendly and engaging attitudes, etc.) for the purpose of guiding students in the development of appropriate social and interpersonal behavior.
- Implements, under the supervision of assigned teacher, behavioral plans identified in student IEPs for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors students in a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing IEP plans; and ensuring student success in school.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
16+ years old.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Job related experience is desired.