ESL Tutor - UMS
POSITION: ESL TUTOR ~ UINTAH MIDDLE SCHOOL
(Up to 29.5 hours per week, no benefits)
APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
• Demonstrate the ability to instruct students effectively in becoming proficient in speaking and communicating in English;
• Provide instructional support in academic course work;
• Acquire deeper understanding of both course material and tutoring techniques and be open to new ideas on how to help students;
• Work cooperatively with all staff, students, and parents to ensure a positive working environment conductive to learning and good relationships;
• Perform general clerical functions including maintaining accurate records and compiling information and data;
• Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
• High School Diploma;
• Utah Teaching Certificate preferred but not mandatory;
• An Associate’s degree or have 48 semester hours of college credit, preferred but not mandatory;
• Teaching or Tutoring ESL Learners, preferred but not mandatory;
• Required to pass the ParaPro test.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE COMPLETE WHEN YOU PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION:
• A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address your skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff, and community members;
• Copies of college transcripts (if applicable).
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
SALARY: As Per District Salary Schedule
BEGINNING: August 2022