Teacher Assistant Level II - Secondary
Job | Posted 16 days ago
Teacher Assistant Level II (
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5hrs/day
Hourly rate: $16.74
- Name: Justin Keetch
- Phone: 801-610-8160
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Teaching Assistant, Level 2 is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting in the instruction of individual or small groups of students in a variety of subject areas; assisting in the implementation of a behavior modification program; monitoring and reporting student behavior and performance; and performing a variety of clerical duties as assigned. Must have Associates Degree or 60 quarter hours/48 semester hours or successful completion of courses in English, mathematics through geometry and algebra, chemistry, physical science, computer entry and retrieval, health and social studies or have passed para pro praxis exam.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers classroom assignments, tests, homework assignments, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the instructional process.
- Assists assigned instructional staff in improving student's learning skills, self care, and/or social development for the purpose of providing learning concepts and materials.
- Assists teachers in specialized and/or mainstream education classroom in preparing and presenting a variety of instructional materials for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Communicates with teachers regarding assigned students' progress for the purpose of participating in needs assessments and/or assisting in evaluating progress.
- Documents observations of student performance in academic and school activities (e.g. social skills, behavior, assignments, etc.) for the purpose of providing written records and/or complying with mandated requirements.
- Guides special education students in personal interactions and/or specific student issues for the purpose of developing interpersonal skills and successful problem solving strategies.
- Implements, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic instructional files and records for the purpose of providing written reference and meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors students' performance, under the direction of assigned classroom teacher, for the purpose of providing feedback to students, teachers and/or others involved in the provision of services in accordance with IEPs.
- Obtains homework assignments for students at different academic levels for the purpose of addressing classroom requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Supervises and escorts kids to/from classes for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment for students.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or adminis
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have Associates Degree or 60 quarter hours/48 semester hours or successful completion of courses in English, mathematics through geometry and algebra, chemistry, physical science, computer entry and retrieval, health and social studies or have passed para pro praxis exam.