Director of School Quality
Leadership Vision for Department of Teaching and Learning
The unified pursuit of ‘Excellence in Education’ for all children.
Leadership Mission for Department of Teaching and Learning:
Understanding the charge and the goals of the division strategic comprehensive plan regarding instruction, the FCPS Department of Teaching and Learning models how to develop people and workgroups, establishes rapport and creates an effort to bring out the best in people. We use situational leadership as a strategy to collaborate, adapt to the needs of all stakeholders, and make sound instructional decisions based on data. We showcase the willingness to do anything that needs to be done and fulfill our assigned responsibilities prior to seeking additional duties.
- We are here to guide instructional best practices while allowing the administrative teams to handle the day-to-day running of the buildings.
- We believe that empowerment through unity will enable the department to be viewed as a collaborative entity.
- We are able to accept feedback, are willing to reflect, and will seek additional clarification if necessary.
- All improvements start with collaboration and are carried out to the best of our abilities.
- Decisions begin and end with children as the primary focus.
Job Responsibilities - Directors:
- Efficiently collaborate with transparency to other members of the FCPS instructional team in order to continually improve student instructional programs
- Seek support from and report to Chief Academic Officer
- Supervise/evaluate assigned support/classified staff
- Keep CAO informed of any concerns related to areas of responsibility
- Frequently communicate success/achievements in areas of responsibility with team members, schools, boards and community
English Learner Programs and Title III:
- Write, amend and revise the management of the Title III grant while maintaining fiscal responsibility
- Maintain proper account of Title III grant documentation
- Oversee Title III compliance
- Secure system and provide training for translation and interpretation services
- Supervise EL Program Coordinator
- Assist in the navigation of equity challenges impacting FCPS students’ education
- Secure annual training for new FCPS staff on equity
- Serve as Equity contact to VDOE
- Serve as the FCPS Discipline Hearing Officer
- Serve as School Improvement contact for VDOE including, bit not limited to attending required meetings associated with accreditation requirements for school improvement identification
- Ensure on-going monitoring and revision of needs assessments and school improvement plans
- Support yearly review of FCPS Comprehensive Strategic Plan
Student Support Staff/Programs:
- Monitor and assist with implementation of VTSS, PBIS, Responsibility-Centered Discipline, and other student-centered support programs, K-12
- Coordinate homebound services for students including securing teachers, facilitating transfer of assignments as needed, completing required paperwork for accountability, and communicating with schools.
- Serve as the central office contact for homeless services.