Job | Posted 14 days ago
2022-2023 School Year
Coweta Public Schools
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Credentials: Current Nursing License from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, Current certification in Healthcare Provider CPR with AED.
- Work cooperatively with the district staff to provide a variety of health care services to students.
- Administer medications in accordance with Board of Education policy and Oklahoma State Law.
- Communicate with District personnel, students and parents to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve issues or concerns related to student health, medications, accidents, emergencies and daily medical activities.Prepare and maintain a variety of records, logs and reports related to student health, medication, accidents and daily medical activities.
- Attend meetings and conferences regarding health services.
- Maintain sickroom/clinics in a clean, orderly and safe condition: maintain inventory and help order first aid and health office supplies as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Successful performance of the job requires good customer service/people skills and to handle problems and provide information and technical assistance as requested. It requires complying with safety guidelines and policies to reduce accidents or injuries to staff or to students. Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving are critical to the success of the position.Help manage the computerization of school district operations. Perform such tasks to the ultimate benefit of the educational program. Staff will utilize discretion, ingenuity and independent judgment due to the complexity of the job. Since there may be several ways to solve a problem, the employee is free to choose the solution. This job requires frequent bending/stooping and occasional to frequent squatting/crouching, reaching above the shoulder, and pushing and pulling. There is occasional lifting up to 50 pounds with moving assistance. The employee must have the dexterity to operate keyboards, computers, copy machines, and medical equipment. Must be able to communicate with students, parents, faculty, staff and the medical community. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.