Child Nutrition Manager - Tooele High School
Child Nutrition Manager
Under the direct supervision of the School Principal and Child Nutrition Director. Child Nutrition Manager supervises food services activities at the assigned site, organizes food preparation activities, assists cafeteria workers with food preparation and serving, directs and manages cafeteria staff to ensure compliance with policies and regulations, and confirms quantities and quality of food items that are to be served, provide written reports, comply with mandated health requirements, ensure kitchen and lunchroom compliance with all state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership and motivation to the team and ensures they are effective.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, storage areas, food preparation, and serving areas, as needed, to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Estimates food preparation amounts and adjusts recipes, if required, to meet projected meal requirements and minimize waste of food items
- Evaluates prepared food for flavor, appearance, and temperature to present items that will be accepted by students, patrons, and staff.
- Implements menu items based on production records to meet students' mandated daily nutritional requirements.
- Inspects food and supply deliveries to verify orders' quantity, quality, and specifications and comply with mandated health requirements.
- Inventory and order food, condiments, supplies, and equipment at specified intervals to ensure the availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation, and serving areas in a sanitary condition to comply with current health standards.
- Manages and monitors site operations to provide a safe, clean, sanitary working environment and efficient food services at the assigned site in compliance with mandated nutritional requirements and health standards.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc., to convey and gather information required to perform job functions.
- Knowledgeable of Free and Reduced applications and can assist patrons with applying for Free and Reduced meals.
- Prepares various documentation (e.g., meal program records, reconciliation reports, cash summary, timesheets, etc.) to provide written support and convey information and processes receipts to complete and document transactions and prepare bank deposits.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff, and the public to provide information and direction regarding available food items and food service policies and practices.
- Ensures students at school are on correct meal status, investigates through SIS software to confirm students are on valid rate, and works with CNP office staff to ensure this is correctly performed.
- Manages cafeteria staff to ensure tasks and carried out correctly and safely; performs yearly performance reviews of the cafeteria staff.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Travel between schools and central offices may be required to attend meetings or in-service and deliver paperwork.
- Works in standard school cafeteria environments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form and report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to positively market breakfast, lunch, and any child nutrition program to all students and patrons.
- Ability to schedule activities, meetings, safety meetings, and events.
- Strong computer skills and ability to run Microsoft office suite (i.e., Excel, Word), operate ordering programs for placing orders from vendors.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information regarding students, employees, and others.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff, and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to budget and perform cost control
- Ability to operate and train personnel on equipment found in a commercial kitchen.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Two years’ experience in the foodservice industry.
- Successful management or leadership experience.
- Serve Safe or Food Safety Managers Certification. (Must have certification within 90 days of hire.)
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be inclusive of every duty or responsibility.
Application Procedure: Apply through Frontline via the school district website. www.tooeleschools.org
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
8 hours/day, 180 days per year
Salary: Support Professional Employees Level U1
Benefit Eligible, Classified Rate
3 Personal, 7 Sick Days Per Year