Assistant Foreman HVAC
Job | Posted 14 days ago
Assistant Foreman HVAC (Assistant Lead HVAC)
Lane 18-19 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $25.75-37.81 Depending on qualifications and experience.
- Name: Mike Privett
- Phone: 801-610-8066
- Email: email@example.com
- Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings for existing and proposed electrical based HVAC control systems for the purpose of identifying location of new and existing electrical systems and determining the efficient installation of additional systems.
- Confers with immediate supervisor and assists with the coordination of day to day maintenance activities (e.g. district administrators, school staff, vendors, state boiler inspectors, outside contractors, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the proper and efficient maintenance and repair of District buildings, facilities and grounds.
- Coordinates with administration and other trades (e.g. timing and on-job activities with principals, custodians, lunch workers and others affected by projects, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and replacement needs.
- Estimates materials and/or equipment needed to compete work projects for the purpose of ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Fabricates equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing discontinued or unavailable parts.
- Assists in implementing assigned programs and/or projects (e.g. inspection schedules, preventive maintenance programs, etc.) for the purpose of conforming to established guidelines.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders (e.g. Technology and Energy Management Coordinator, Director of Maintenance, Area Coordinators, etc.) for the purpose of providing information for decisions making, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
- Inspects completed work (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, cooling tower, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring quality of work standards are met and identifying preventive maintenance requirements.
- Installs heating/air conditioning equipment and systems (e.g. HVAC motors, direct digital HVAC control systems, pneumatic valves, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
- Maintains a variety of files and records (e.g. boiler operation certificates, inventory, work orders, labor/material estimates, equipment repair manuals, etc.) for the purpose of providing an up to date reference and audit trail.
- Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment (e.g. air compressor systems, boilers, chillers, HVAC interface to fire alarms systems, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Monitors contract work for the purpose of ensuring contract terms are fulfilled and work standards are met.
- Monitors chemical solution levels (e.g. in boilers, cooling towers, and steam pots in kitchens, etc.) for the purpose of controlling build up of deposits and rust, thus reducing possibility of malfunction.
- Assists in Overseeing assigned personnel and the day to day activities and operations (e.g. HVAC full-time technicians, hourly workers and trainees, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner and maximizing the efficiency of the workforce.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars (e.g. seminars presented by vendors for warranty and safety controls, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
- Prepares reports and written materials related to assigned activities and personnel (e.g. records of refrigerants, daily paperwork/log, time and materials, specifications, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Procures equipment and supplies (e.g. needed controls, parts, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items in order to complete jobs efficiently.
- Assists in recommending plans, policies, procedures and/or specific actions for the purpose of addressing department goals, objectives and work-related needs.
- Repairs heating/air conditioning systems and components and obsolete equipment (e.g. air compressors, furnace boilers, control assembly and safety valves, etc.) for the purpose of providing comfort within facilities.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Sets- up phone line and modem communication and network interfacing programming and trouble shooting for the purpose of establishing communication interface between direct digital control systems and monitoring computers.
- Trains assigned personnel on procedures used for HVAC equipment repair (e.g. custodians, trainees, hourly workers, etc.) for the purpose of developing their professional and safety awareness skills.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job related experience within specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility is required.