Digital Education Center Academic Coach Part time (located at Wendover High School)
Under the direct supervision of the Online Learning Director, to assist with students in online classes to meet instructional goals and objectives, and to support in the progression of students toward graduation.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists with monitoring of student progress in online courses.
• Assists in maintaining documents, files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference.
• Assists in timely communication with students and parents.
• Assists in monitoring students in the computer lab,
• Assists in maintaining inventories of supplies and materials for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
• Assists in supervising online students in all academic settings.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
• Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers, scanners and copiers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed.
• Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Office 365).
• Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
• Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
• Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
4.5 hours a day
Support Professional Salary Schedule - Level E1
Para educator level - Time Card
Non benefit eligible
FLSA Status: Non-exempt