Long Term Substitute - Student Support Coach
Long Term Substitute (12 Weeks) - Student Support Coach (SSC)
Reports To: Coordinator of Special Education
Summary: The SSC will assist in defining appropriate development, facilitating these developmental tasks, and providing education for behavior modification and creating trauma informed environments.
- Training in behavioral therapy interventions, observation of children, feedback/consultation to the school staff, written summary of observations and recommendations.
- Develop Positive Behavior Support Plans with teaching team & parents, provide consultation & feedback with teachers & support staff, and monitor the PBSP plan.
- Collaborate with school counselors, psychologists, and school social workers to discuss appropriate referrals for children and families requiring more extensive mental health services.
- Provide services throughout the school day including psychoeducational and social skills development through education and modeling in the classroom and in direct service with students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services or counseling field preferred.
- Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) preferred.