Full Time Security Guard 2022-2023
Posted 9 days ago
POSITION TITLE: PHHS SECURITY GUARD
- High school Diploma
- Successful experience in security or law enforcement
- Experience working with adolescents preferred
- Fingerprint clearance card
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as Paragon may find acceptable
REPORTS TO: High School Assistant Principal
JOB GOAL: To ensure a safe and secure building environment as well as the personal safety of students, staff and visitors.
- Provides for the safety and security of students, staff, visitors and school property in accordance with policies to provide an educational climate which is conducive to learning.
- Conducts ongoing security patrols of the building.
- Enforces policies regarding smoking, parking, loitering, trespassing, theft, vandalism, property damage, alcohol, drug abuse, and other school rules and regulations.
- Reports concerns and incidents which may require corrective action to Principal.
- Encourages appropriate student conduct with regard to school rules and regulations and regulations.
- Assists visitors to the school in receiving proper direction, assists in maintaining log of all visitors, and prevents unauthorized persons from entering the building.
- Monitors exits and prevents unauthorized exits of the building by students.
- Checks student passes.
- Assists school administrators with investigations as assigned.
- Physically separates students involved in altercations and maintains crowd control as needed in accordance with established guidelines regarding the use of force.
- Monitors grounds to prevent loitering and improper parking of vehicles.
- Oversees parking and crossing guard schedules and duties
- Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as Paragon Management may from time to time assign.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Days per school calendar. Hours normally 1:30 PM - 10:00 PM.
EVALUATION: Annually at a minimum by Assistant Principal Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt