Inclusion Preschool Aide - General Ed
Job | Posted 18 days ago
Early Childhood Development/Daycare
Inclusion Preschool Aide (regular ed)
Non Contract and No Benefits
Hours a day: 25 hours per week, Tuesday through Friday
Hourly rate: $13.95
- Name: Mike Ericksen
- Phone: 801.610.8733
- Email: email@example.com
- Works cooperatively with the teacher, special education paraeducator, related servers, volunteers, and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Facilitates preschool students’ learning (e.g. pre-academics, art, science, music, dramatic play, and movement activities, etc.) for the purpose of improving the students’ academic success and transition to elementary school.
- Manages student behavior under supervision of the teacher for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Monitors individuals and/or groups of preschool students in a variety of educational setting (e.g. snack time, group or individual games, playground activities, loading/unloading buses, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Actively engages with students in activities for the purpose of modeling appropriate participation and behavioral expectations.
- Assists the teacher to assess student progress toward objectives, expectations, and/or goals.
- Assists preschool aged children with a variety of daily living skills (e.g. diapering, toilet training, feeding, etc.) for the purpose of providing instruction and addressing personal care needs.
- Models conversation, manners, clean up activities, listening skills, etc. for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social and interpersonal behavior.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, and manual and electronic files and records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing a safe learning environment; and meeting mandated requirements.
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Responds to inquiries from students, co-workers, and administrators as assigned for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information, and/or direction to appropriate sources.
- Transfers children directly from/to parents or designee for the purpose of ensuring safety of children and meeting the District requirements.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to the appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Administers first aid and/or dispense medications for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.