Paraprofessional (Title 1 Funded)
Title: Paraprofessional (Title I Funded)
Reports To: Teacher/Principal
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Summary: To provide intervention to students in a small-group setting as instructed by the classroom teacher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists the teacher with deliver of small group instruction.
2. Prepares for classroom activities under the supervision of the teacher.
3. Performs clerical work as necessary.
4. Presents subject matter to students, utilizing a variety of methods and techniques.
5. Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with student and parents concerning both the academic and behavioral progress of students.
6. Works collaboratively with the teacher to meet the instructional needs of students.
7. Assists in caring for materials, equipment, and facilities.
8. Assists students, individually or in groups, with assignments to reinforce learning.
9. Assists the teacher with duties relating to supervision of students in varied settings.
10. Practices and promotes positive interaction with and among children.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. At least two years of study at an institution of higher education,
2. Obtained an associate’s or higher degree; or
3. Met a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing and mathematics.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Ten-month employment. Salary to be determined by the School Board.
Performance of the position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Prince Edward County School Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.