IT Support Technician
San Carlos Unified School District #20
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 207, San Carlos, Arizona 85550
Phone (928) 475-2315 - Fax (928) 475-2301
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 22-562
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
TITLE: IT Support Technician
OPEN: 07/18/2022-UNTIL FILLED
- Three to five years of progressive responsibilities in the IT Field.
- Ability to work with both infrastructure technology and software.
- Demonstrated experience in multiple IT assignments.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must have or be able to pass a background check to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates successful teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, writing competency, effective listening, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail- oriented.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, supervisors, parents, students, and external organizations, representing diverse population.
- Professional demeanor with strong ethical standards and ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to learn and train across regular education and special education professional development content and skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, on multiple projects simultaneously both as a team member and individually.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one on one consultation to end users and network staff. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network servers and associated equipment. The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines. Peripheral equipment and software will require individual to know integration of software into Interactive Boards, student response system.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layers client server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software ranging from computers to online applications.
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Orders computer supplies.
- Assists in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable.
- Experience with graphic animation and multi-media design.
- Ability to multi-task.
- District Webmaster.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position involves working in normal classroom and office settings, with some physical demands or exposure to hazardous situations. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
REPORTS TO: Designated IT Supervisor