Cottonwood High School Assistant Food Service Manager
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Bobbie Beach, Operations Manager, at 385-646-6887 or at email@example.com
|Job Title||Secondary Assistant Food Service Manager|
|Department||Bates Central Kitchen|
|Supervisor||Manager / Director|
|Contract Length||9 months|
|Last Review Date||July 2018|
Maintains continuity of kitchen activities. Prepares and assist in the preparation of food items for menu. Assists in accounting for supplies used and meals served each day. Assists Food Service Manager with assigned tasks in the preparation and service of meals. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Monitors the preparation, cooking, and serving of food for main and specialty lines/bars and a’ la carte items according to established policies and/or procedures
- Observes and enforces practices of proper food safety and sanitation; ensures cleanliness of Food Service areas and equipment used
- Inspects food items and/or supplies to verify quantity, quality, and specifications of orders and/or complying with current health standards
- Inventories food, condiments, and supplies; ensures availability of items required to meet projected menu requirements; coordinates food, condiments, and supply ordering with manager
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition to comply with current health standards
- Reports equipment malfunctions and requests work order repairs
- Prepares and serves food; may perform cook rotational tasks.
- Assists manager with performing lunch clerk tasks (e.g., student meal account activities, point-of-service and/or cashiering activities, reconciling and daily deposit activities, delinquent notices, Free/Reduced Meal application activities, etc.
- Performs task of other Food Service positions as requested by manager to ensure adequate staff coverage
- Reviews and completes daily work production records that reflect accurate reports of food produced, served, and discarded
- Substitutes and/or assists manager when need to ensure Food Service are is running efficiently
- Assists with training employees; provides assistance to staff in food preparation, serving and/or cleaning activities as needed
- Responds to inquiries from parents, students, school and district personnel, etc. to provide information regarding meal account balances and/or accounting issues, meal costs, Food Services information, etc.
- Sets up Food Services area at the beginning of the school year (e.g., deep cleans kitchen, organizes, completes preparation work, etc.)
- Deep cleans Food Services areas as required (e.g., troughs, ovens, walk-ins, vents, refrigerators, freezers, dishwasher vents, etc.)
- Must be willing to work at different Food Service locations throughout the school district as needed
- Ensures safe working conditions exist and are practiced in the Food Services operation
- Conforms to safety standards as prescribed
- Participates in required department meetings, trainings and/or functions
- Performs other tasks related to the position as assigned
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Must have ServSafe Food Safety Manager certification from a Utah Department of Health approved entity within 60 days.
One year of job-related experience.
Required Prior Experience
One year of job-related experience in a production kitchen.
One year of supervisory experience preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must be skilled and organized in training, organizing, and monitoring supervised workers.
- Basic reading and math skills.
- Ability to write reports, order, and track inventory.
- Positive public relationship skills.
- Must understand and follow federal lunch program guidelines.
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish tasks assigned. Needs to be able to motivate people to work cooperatively and efficiently as a team. Must be able to handle emergencies as they arise.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, staff, managers, directors, vendors, and other district personnel. May also interact appropriately with police and other emergency agencies.
Supervise and provide assistance to hourly nutrition service employees.
Financially responsible to maintain and track inventory for food and supplies.
Responsible for daily account of cash transactions and deposits.
Standard commercial kitchen conditions including walk-in freezers and refrigeration rooms. There is daily exposure to heat, cold, and humidity. Steady flow of work required but in voluntary interruptions are common. Constant pressure to complete tasks and meet deadlines causes stress.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.