Physical Therapist (CC: 6959)
Job | Posted 23 days ago
- Date Available:
2022/2023 School Year
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To screen, evaluate and provide educationally relevant physical therapy for students.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Screens and evaluates students who qualify for physical therapy services.
- Formulates and implements physical therapy programs and activities which are educationally relevant, such as head control, trunk control, balance, neurodevelopment sequencing and gait.
- Serves on the Child Study Team and Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team to assist in determining student eligibility and need for services.
- Collaborates with the educational team to develop student’s Individualized Education Plan. Writes present levels of student performance and proposed objectives.
- Completes and tracks goals for each student and distributes as outlined in the special education handbook.
- Consults and collaborates with student’s teachers, families and others to facilitate therapeutic activities and programming.
- Assists with fabricating, adjusting and ordering adaptive equipment to assist students in achieving therapy objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of physical therapy policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of physical therapy activities specific to children.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules and regulations as they apply to physical therapy in educational institutions.
- Knowledge of first aid procedures.
- Knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
- Skill in screening and evaluating the physical therapy needs of children.
- Skill in formulating physical therapy programs and activities for children.
- Skill in operating office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
- Skill in communicating orally and in writing.
- Skill in maintaining confidentiality.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in physical therapy and two (2) years work experience with special needs children OR an equivalent combination or education and experience that provide the required knowledge and skill.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: CPT Certified and Arizona State Board of Physical Therapy License.
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED INTERNAL/EXTERNAL AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER IN COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATION AMENDMENTS OF 1972 AND SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 19