Title: Food Service Worker
Specific Openings: Food Service Worker (6 hours per day)/180 days; 7:30 am – 2:00 pm school days.
Reports To: UCAS Lunch Manager/Administration
Job Description: Under the supervision of the school Nutrition Services Manager and school Principal, the Nutrition Service Worker performs kitchen and cleaning duties. Assists in the preparation of food items and serves meals to students and faculty.
- Performs a variety of kitchen cleaning responsibilities:
- Cleans food preparation and serving areas (e.g., sweep and mop floors, clean and shine counters).
- Washes dishes and kitchen utensils using either the dishwasher or the three compartment sink.
- Follows selected recipes and observes strict hygiene practices.
- Assists in serving food to students and faculty in a serving line. Serves appropriate portions and refills serving equipment as necessary.
- Assists in the preparation of food items under the direction of the school Nutrition Services Manager.
- Cleans equipment daily and reports malfunctions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be fingerprinted and clear a criminal background check.
- Requires High school diploma, GED or equivalent as reviewed by the Department of Human Resources. Verification may be requested.
- Must acquire and maintain a current Food Handler’s permit.
However, depending upon the type and quality of prior work experience and availability of
formal training programs, some exchanges can be made between training and experience.
All employees are required to participate in the school evaluation process.
It is the employee’s responsibility to review and adhere to all school policies and procedures.
This information may be reviewed at www.ucas-edu.net
The Utah County Early College High School is an Equal Opportunity institution and is non-discriminatory relative to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
For questions or to apply for this position, please contact the Principal: Jennilyn Derbidge at Jennilyn.firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-863-2222.