Head Coaching Positions
The following head coaching / assistant positions are open for the Fall, Winter, Spring seasons:
Assistant Football Coach
Head Cheerleading Coach
Head Cheerleading Coach
Head Boys' Basketball Coach
Assistant Boys' Basketball Coach
Head Baseball Coach
Head Outdoor Track & Field Coach
Job Summary: Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
1. Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
2. Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
3. Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
4. Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
5. Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary.
6. Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
7. Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
8. Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
9. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
10. Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
11. Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
12. Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
13. Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
14. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
15. Acts as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, service clubs, and other organizations.
16. Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
17. Works with the athletic director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
18. Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
19. Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
20. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
1. Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
2. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal & Athletic Director or other appropriate administrator.
Job Specifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Some experience as a coach or assistant coach at the high school or college level preferred.
Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school environment or outdoors. Duties may be performed away from school. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Supervision Exercised: Student Athletes and Assistant Coaches (if applicable)
Supervision Received: Principal & Athletic Director
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The coach will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal & Athletic Director or appropriate administrator. Charles City Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: based on School Board approved list