Early Learning Teacher Deaf/HH Preschool-2492 Phoenix
EARLY LEARNING TEACHER DEAF/HH PRESCHOOL
ASDB’s Early Learning Program serves children across the state, birth to age five, who are deaf/hard of hearing (D/HH), blind/visually impaired (BVI), and deafblind. We are seeking teachers with expertise in providing data-driven services and supports in DHH, BVI, early childhood, and/or multiple disabilities. Birth to three and preschool teachers work together to support families in the transition from IDEA Part C services (birth to age three) to IDEA Part B services (age three to age five). Our teachers believe in the unique potential of each child and the central role communication plays in the development of the whole child. To that end, teachers have frequent opportunities to network with other professionals and participate in ongoing staff development to ensure they are current on research-based practices in the field.
BIRTH TO THREE POSITIONS:
The Early Learning Program offers family-centered, home- and community-based services in urban and rural areas across the state for families with children who are DHH, BVI, and deafblind. Teachers work in cooperation with the Arizona Early Intervention Program in designing and implementing services to families. As part of the early intervention team, teachers
- Prepare for and conduct home visits;
- Coordinate and conduct relevant assessments;
- Work with families in understanding sensory impairment;
- Provide families and teams with strategies and activities to support child development and IFSP outcomes; and
- Monitor progress.
The Early Learning Program offers student-centered, site-based preschool services in Phoenix and Tucson for students who are DHH. Teachers work in cooperation with IEP teams in providing students access to the Arizona Early Learning Standards. As part of the preschool team, teachers
- Use current diagnostic practices to design individualized education plans;
- Design and implement evidence-based, quality instruction to children individually and in small groups
- Create language-rich environments to support IEP goals; and
- Conduct ongoing progress monitoring to inform instruction.
- Must be able to pass FBI and State background check.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in DHH, BVI, early childhood, and/or multiple disabilities.
- Certified/certifiable by the AZ Department of Education in hearing impaired or visually impaired.
- Applicants without a certificate in hearing or vision impairment, but with a degree/certification in mild/moderate disabilities, moderate/severe disabilities, or early childhood special education, may be considered if willing to seek endorsement in hearing or vision impairment.
Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs. CONTACT INFORMATION For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.