ESSER III Middle School Math Tutor
ESSER III MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH TUTOR
This position is only for the 2023-2024 school year
.875 FTE 35 hours per week
Pay Rate: $15.94 per hour
Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Location: Esperero Canyon Middle School
The ESSER III Math Tutor is responsible for providing targeted instruction in essential math standards for
identified middle school students using a specific evidence-based program to facilitate student learning and
understanding. Students who are most at-risk of not meeting the standards and/or are failing their math
classes will be prioritized for the academic support sessions with the ESSER III Math Tutor. Emphasis will
be given to students from low-income families, English learners, students experiencing homelessness,
children and youth in foster care, students from major racial and ethnic groups, and students with
disabilities who are not receiving math support or intervention. Students will participate in an assigned
small group math session during the school day in addition to their general math class.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks,
knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete
listing of all functions and tasks performed by this job class.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within the scope of school/district policies and procedures, this position:
- Attends a required training session to learn how to administer the program for math support.
- Tutors identified students in scheduled group sessions to develop skills and strategies for proficient performance in essential math standards.
- Facilitates instruction using an alternate program and delivery methods, and performs regular progress checks.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with students and protects their right to confidentiality at all times.
- Collaborates with school administration and staff, as needed, to support students’ individual needs in the tutoring sessions.
- Participates in training, as required, to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge about computers and the district’s current word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Knowledge of the district’s goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Knowledge of and skill in basic mathematical operations, functions, and concepts.
- Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
- Skill in effectively managing students to support a conducive and productive learning environment.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, administrators, students, and parents.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, and take appropriate action using independent judgment and decision-making processes.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma
Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Level I - IVPP Fingerprint Clearance card through Arizona Department of Public Safety.
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
In CFSD, we value a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in District policy ACA-Sexual Harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, or disability.