Instructional Assistant and In-School Assistant
Job | Posted 16 days ago
- Contributes to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur;
- Diffuses conflict between students
- Provides supervision and care for students assigned to in-school detention, in-school suspension, lunch detention, and after school detention
- Monitors assignments and provides instructional assistance as needed or obtains instructional assistance when necessary
- Receives students scheduled by the administration for in-school suspension
- Inputs attendance or reports attendance to the office in a timely manner
- Notifies and follows up with teachers when a student is assigned in-school, after school or lunch detentions
- Provides classroom coverage as needed
- Refers behavioral issues to the school administration and guidance personnel
- Assists in hall duty stations as needed
- Works with division and community counselors
- Assists with cafeteria coverage as required
- Serves as a Role Model
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer terminal; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in an office environment. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT Ten months a year – 186 Days - Salary determined according to the School Board Pay Plan.
Salary based on degree and experience. EVALUATION Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with school board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of non-licensed personnel. APPROVED BY SUPERINTENDENT
February 22, 2019; revised June 21, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION PREPARED BY Supervisor of Human Resources
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employee signature below constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position and has agreed that they are capable of and willing to perform in a reasonable manner the activities involved in the job and role for which they have offered.
Name (Print): ___________________________________
The Charles City County School Board (“School Board”) is an equal opportunity employer, committed to nondiscrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion, retention or other personnel actions affecting employees or candidates for employment. Therefore, discrimination in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information or disability is prohibited. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The Charles City County Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this position description and related duties at any time