Elementary Dean of Students
Elementary Dean of Students for the 2022/2023 school year
Part Time: 0.5 FTE
Site Location: Manzanita Elementary
CATALINA FOOTHILLS SCHOOL DISTRICT
206 Day Contract
Definition: The Dean of Students supports the principal by managing pupil personnel services, particularly focused on positive behavior supports and restorative practices. Related to these areas of responsibility, the Dean must be a capable communicator who works effectively with students, staff, parents, and community members to support student success at school.
Reports to: Principal
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in the job class.)
- Plans, develops and submits for approval programs for student success while complying with established district, state and federal instructional requirements, guidelines, regulations and objectives.
- Collaborates with faculty regarding the behavior of students in order to maximize instructional time.
- Prepares and maintains discipline records.
- Prescribes prevention/intervention strategies and follows up with parents/guardians regarding the school response to behavior issues.
- Works with school-wide data to assist with developing school improvement plans that contain strategies to improve student success.
- Plans for and/or provides supervision during arrival/dismissal, transitions, and lunch/recess periods. Attends and supervises extra-curricular student activities.
- Assists the principal with data analysis and presentations related to the Dean’s areas of responsibility.
- Participates in a variety of school-based and district committees.
- Supervises or assists in the supervision of support staff to ensure safety and learning for all.
- Evaluates classified employee performance and provides constructive feedback to employees regarding performance.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the principal or superintendent.
A bachelor’s degree in Education or closely related field.
Current license to teach in the State of Arizona from the Arizona State Department of Education.
Five (5) years teaching experience, preferably at the elementary level.
Must have knowledge of school administration and education and/or in process of obtaining an administrative certificate.
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District's policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.