DATA ANALYST AND PROGRAM EVALUATION MANAGER
FLSA Status: Exempt
Grade: 3, Administrator Salary Schedule
Revision Date: June 2022
Location: Central Office, Accountability
This is a data analyst and program evaluation position that collaborates with WJCC departments to analyze, manage and develop data that assists in program evaluation, identifying economies and efficiencies, and enhanced program accountability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts data analysis and analyzes data collected as part of program evaluations, longitudinal studies or department needs and then reports findings to help division leadership make key decisions aligned with the school division’s strategic plan.
- Responds to information requests for data or information from outside agencies, other departments and offices.
- Conducts data analysis and evaluation concerning division needs and individual department needs and reports findings to help guide strategic decision-making within the school division.
- Works collaboratively with various central office departments, building administrators, and division leadership to plan and conduct all aspects of data analysis and educational/operational program effectiveness.
- Conducts cost/benefit analyses on certain programs as requested, to include the pros and cons of utilizing new or existing internal resources compared to outside agencies.
- Presents data and findings in a report format to the School Board, superintendent, and/or members of the leadership team as appropriate.
- Prepares written reports and oral presentations that summarize the findings and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Collaborates with various departments (e.g., technology, human resources, accountability and finance departments) for access to relevant data.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in data analytics, statistics, computer science or related fields and certifications. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, data analytics software and SPSS.
- Proficiency in the use of pivot tables, Power BI and similar programs.
- General knowledge of the philosophies, principles and practices of data analytics, data management and program evaluation and assessment.
- Experience in data collection and analysis, management and analysis of data sets, knowledge of educational practices as applied to data extraction, manipulation, qualitative and quantitative research, analysis and reporting preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departmental officials, supervisors and staff. Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include the portrayal of data and analyses in layman’s terms.
- Ability to use technology to collect, organize, analyze and interpret data and facilitate decision-making; prepare and maintain detailed and technical records; prepare technical reports and recommendations; and research program efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects and stay on task to produce quality work in a timely manner.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Performs duties within the Accountability Office under the general supervision of the Assistant Superintendent of School Leadership while receiving general guidance on job-specific projects from requesting department officials.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Highly diverse and complex duties. Must have high tolerance for change and the ability to work on several projects and assignments concurrently. Strong interpersonal skills required in working with diverse groups. Must have initiative and assume responsibility for working productively with minimal supervision and through the collaborative process.
Must have the ability to: sit for extended periods of time in a busy office environment; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer terminal; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without visual aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
|This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the principal or appropriate administrator. WJCC Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.|