Program Assistant IV - Payroll Clerk
Job | Posted 7 days ago
The Program Assistant IV is responsible for assisting in the administration of payroll and employee fringe benefits. In addition, the payroll clerk effectively communicates with school division stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains all payroll records for employees.
- Assists employees in resolving payroll issues and clarifying benefits.
- Ensures accurate preparation and balancing of all payrolls.
- Records all staff leaves and absences.
- Handles all payroll adjustments, net pay, and paid leave processing.
- Prepares periodical payroll-related analysis, statements, and projections.
- Audits and proofs payroll or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to school board policy..
- Processes all employee midyear assignment changes.
- Assists in preparation and verification of all payroll related reports.
- Submit payroll deductions reconciliations and checks to the vendors.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Payroll Manager.
- Training and coaching and support of Bookkeepers in Payroll input, balancing and monthly reporting of departmental payroll and benefits expenses.
- Track leave and adjust contract for employees on long term leave.
- Communicate to emplyees adjusted pay amounts due to long term leave calculations adjusting contract pay.
- Make tax withholdings payments.
- Review and enter W4 and VA4 data.
- Demonstrates general office practice, general accounting procedures, business English, and record keeping methods, practices and procedures
- Demonstrates clerical/accounting terminology, methods and procedures
- Adheres to departmental regulations and policies
- Follows directions and carry out assignments to completion with minimum instruction
- Adheres to prescribed routines and practices
- Maintains payroll records, documents and materials in compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines
- Works under tight time constrains while accurately completing payroll processing
- Works well with others to assist employees cooperatively and courteously
- Plans and carries out successive steps and resolves problems and deviations in accordance with instructions/policies
- Maintains strict confidentiality of employees information
- Makes some independent decisions
- Communicates in written and oral modes with tact and diplomacy
- Uses computer software applicable to the position
- Prior Payroll experience in a public school system or government agency is preferred.
Salary: This is a 12 month position with benefits. Salary begins at $39,231.
Apply To: Click on the link above to apply. All applicants, including those currently employed with Spotsylvania County Public Schools, will need to complete an online application.