General Secretary - Secondary
Job | Posted 14 days ago
General Secretary - Secondary
Lane 11 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $19.60-22.03 Depending on qualifications and experience.
- Name: Mark Whitaker
- Phone: 801-610-8780
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Secretary-General, Jr/Sr Receptionist/Attend is done for the purpose/s of providing a e variety of complex and confidential administrative and secretarial support to assigned administrator, and is site specific; conveying information regarding department functions and procedures; ensuring efficient operation of support functions; and coordinating assigned projects and site activities. Each school site functionality will vary. At Lake Mountain, this secretary is the admin secretary and is responsibile for payroll, time and attendance, substitutes, bus requests, bell schedules, calendaring, coordinating hiring, employee badges, and many other duties as assigned.
- Administers first aid and prescription medications to students (under the direction of a health care professional) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs within established guidelines.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. time sheets, calendars, expenditures/budget, Internet research, Eventbrite, etc.., etc.) for the purpose of preparing reports, making recommendations; and/or preparing information for assigned administrator.
- Coordinates a variety of projects, functions and/or program components (e.g. grants, student SIS system processes, student transfers, tuition accounts, etc.) for the purpose of completing processes accurately and on schedule.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. budget data, employee records, financial records, reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Manages accounts receivable and collection (e.g. contacting clients, reconciling bank statements, providing refunds, as needed, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate resolution of account issues.
- Monitors a variety activities on behalf of assigned Administrator (e.g. program components, meeting arrangements, account balances, work order status, etc.) for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates in compliance with established guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the work activities within the office (e.g. visitor reception, troubleshooting, scheduling, problem solving, inquiry response, etc.) for the purpose of organizing assignments, monitoring progress, coordinating with site staff,and ensuring implementation of all daily activities.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees.
- Prepares a variety of reports, documents and correspondence of a confidential and non-confidential nature (e.g. letters, memorandums, meeting minutes, charts, periodic and ad-hoc reports, operational procedures, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and conveying information.
- Presents information on administrative procedures (e.g. department/program policies, submission procedures, etc.) for the purpose of orienting new personnel and disseminating information to existing personnel.
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. time sheets, work orders, requisitions, travel reimbursements, budget transfers, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with administrative guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Procures supplies and materials for the purpose of maintaining inventory availability.
- Reconciles account balances for assigned budget categories for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances.
- Represents assigned Administrator in his/her absence for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required for administrative functions.
- Researches a variety of topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and recommendations that address a variety of administrative requirements.
- Responds to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external stakeholders (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and providing direction.
- Schedules a wide variety of activities (e.g. appointments, meetings, travel reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc.) for the purpose of making necessary arrangements for assigned administrator.
- Works with Director (e.g. Federal Grant Applications and reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring implementation of all Grant requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 21+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.