Job | Posted 22 days ago
POSITION SUMMARY: Madison County Public Schools is seeking a Reading Specialist for Waverly Yowell Elementary School. The successful applicant should possess intellectual depth and breadth, a strong work ethic, a capacity for communication and leadership, noteworthy teaching and leadership experience, a broad background in literacy instruction, and an appreciation of innovative practice. The candidate must also possess the capacity to inspire the school community through visualizing new possibilities for a global education in an environment of innovation, collaboration, and mutual respect. The specialist will collaborate with parents, community members, building and division leadership, as well as other stakeholders to implement new educational programs, systems, tools and other resources to accelerate student achievement.
- A Postgraduate Professional License or eligible for a Virginia license and endorsed to teach in the subject to be taught or a Master’s Degree in content area.
- Proven, instructional leadership experience with demonstrated success driving high performance, raising student achievement, and improving underperforming student achievement.
- Experience building effective teams and promoting collaboration along with exceptional coaching-facilitative leadership.
- Strong curricular knowledge, specifically in reading fluency and reading development in students.
- Proven history of scheduling and organizing meaningful adult experiences and influencing positive outcomes at an organizational level.
- Analyzing reading assessments and developing appropriate instructional pathways that meet the educational needs of all students.
- Provides individual and/or small group instruction to meet the needs of students as applicable.
- Provide a welcoming safe environment for students and staff.
- Assists with screening, evaluating, and recommending interventions for students reading in the lower quartile.
- Completes reports, collects data, and provides information for program monitoring as requested.
- Participates in developing, revising, and monitoring the implementation of the curriculum.
- Attends staff development programs, curriculum development meeting, and other professional activities.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the school principal or other appropriate administrators.
SALARY RANGE: $47,500 - $70,300; 10 month/200-day Teacher contract
START DATE: August 2022
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Online application: www2.madisonschools.k12.va.us
Equal Opportunity Employer