Music Teacher ($2,500 SIGNING BONUS )
Job | Posted 20 days ago
PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
FARMVILLE, VIRGINIA 23901
Title: Elementary School Music Teacher
Reports To: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: To develop and implement an instructional program that will effectively provide the best possible education for each student
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines and requirements of the district and state
2. Complies with school and School Board policies and regulations
3. Demonstrates mastery of the content area
4. Maintains order in the classroom and on the playground
5. Uses instructional and planning time effectively
6. Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and parents concerning both the academic and behavioral progress of students
7. Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops
8. Assumes responsibility for the care of materials, equipment, and facilities
9. Counsels pupils when adjustment and academic problems arise and teaches rules of conduct
10. Develops and maintains a physical environment of the classroom conducive to effective learning
11. Practices and promotes positive interaction with and among children and encourages self-direction
12. Performs other duties as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Holds a Collegiate Professional license with a specific endorsement in
2. Have acceptable ratings in instances where there is prior teaching
experience (either with this school system or other school systems)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Ten-month employment. Salary to be determined by the School Board.
Performance of the position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Prince Edward County School Board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
Revised: May 2006
Approved by: Superintendent