Maintenance - Electrician 2 Positions Available
Job | Posted 25 days ago
Contract and Benefits
# Positions available: 2
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $25.31 - $37.22 Depending on Qualifications.
Starting date: 07/05/2022
- Name: Mike Privett
- Phone: 801-610-8066
- Email: email@example.com
- Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems.
- Collaborates with building administrators and local law enforcement when incidents requiring attention of law enforcement occur for the purpose of providing information recorded on cameras/school security systems for the safety and security of the school site.
- Coordinates with school administration and personnel (e.g. principals, secretaries, custodians, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that all electronic systems within the school site function correctly (i.e. classroom telephones, electronic locking of facility, secured vestibule, camera systems, etc.) for the safety of all stakeholders within the school site.
- Coordinates with assigned lead and/or supervisor and other trades (e.g. plumbers, custodians, grounds, concrete, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Designs and engineers equipment for room use changes (e.g. TLC Labs, computer lab trailers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate power supply to projects.
- Diagnoses causes of electrical problems or failures for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair.
- Fabricates equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts.
- Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Monitors electrical systems and their components (e.g. cameras, fire alarms, secure vestibules, classroom audio/visual systems, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars, as assigned (e.g. new camera systems, classroom audio/visual systems, facility security systems, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions and keep up with ever-advancing technology in electronic systems that are installed in district facilities.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of electrical systems in district facilities.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Repairs electrical components and/or systems (e.g. motors, circuits, transformers, switches, intercom systems, cafeteria kitchen equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the systems function as needed, ensuring a safe working condition, and extending the life of the system.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair in a timely manner.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours (e.g. security system, fire alarm, bell malfunctions, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in low voltage (ie, audio/visual, security systems, including cameras & card access)
- Utah Journeyman License preferred but not required.