Part Time Lunch Monitor/Security Support 2022-2023
Posted 16 days ago
POSITION TITLE: LUNCH MONITOR/SECURITY SUPPORT
- High school Diploma
- Successful experience in security or law enforcement
- Experience working with adolescents preferred
- Fingerprint clearance card
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as Paragon may find acceptable
REPORTS TO: High School Assistant Principal
JOB GOAL: To ensure a safe and secure building environment as well as the personal safety of students, staff and visitors.
- Provides for the safety and security of students, staff, visitors and school property in accordance with policies to provide an educational climate which is conducive to learning.
- Communicates with students and staff in a positive and professional manner utilizing appropriate customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Circulates throughout the cafeteria and assigned area during lunch periods.
- Conducts ongoing security patrols of the building.
- Enforces policies regarding smoking, parking, loitering, trespassing, theft, vandalism, property damage, alcohol, drug abuse, and other school rules and regulations.
- Reports concerns and incidents which may require corrective action to Principal.
- Encourages appropriate student conduct with regard to school rules and regulations and regulations.
- Assists visitors to the school in receiving proper direction, assists in maintaining log of all visitors, and prevents unauthorized persons from entering the building.
- Monitors exits and prevents unauthorized exits of the building by students.
- Checks student passes when classes are in session; escorts students to and from Principals' offices as directed.
- Assists school administrators with investigations as assigned.
- Physically separates students involved in altercations and maintains crowd control as needed in accordance with established guidelines regarding the use of force.
- Participates in training sessions, meetings as requested.
- Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as Paragon Management may from time to time assign.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Part time, work year to be established annually. Hours normally 11:00am - 4:00pm.
EVALUATION: Annually at a minimum by High School Assistant Principal