Instructional Technology Resource Teacher - ITRT
Job | Posted a month ago
TITLE: Instructional Technology Resource Teacher - ITRT
This position is __X__ exempt or _____ non-exempt
The ITRT is responsible for
- Providing research in best practices for curricular integration of classroom based applications with the goal of having teachers and staff utilize software and hardware as a teaching tool.
- Coordinating the use of software applications to meet school and division instructional goals as a member of the technology instructional support team.
- Assisting teachers in their efforts to meet yearly technology goals in the areas of teaching and student learning.
- Reporting on a regular basis on the progress of their work with teachers in meeting their yearly technology goals.
- Coordinating with the other technology specialists in the development and maintenance of the schools’ technology budgets and technology inventory records.
- Providing assistance in troubleshooting reported problems with computers, local area network, and associated peripherals.
- Assisting with online SOL testing and other computer-based testing.
- Updating iPad software, purchasing and installing requested apps.
- Providing staff development for faculty and staff on new and existing technologies and outside software applications and on-going maintenance.
- Holds a Bachelor degree in Education and maintains current teaching certification.
- Education in instructional technology or three years of recent successful teaching experience.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, organization and management skills.
- Professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively and collaboratively with children, parents, school personnel, and members of the community.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- If needed assist network and systems specialist with installing and maintain computers and peripherals.
- Ability to professionally train faculty, staff, students, and parents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, and reach when working with computer equipment, peripherals, and associated electronic network equipment and to lift 40 pounds.
- Experience in maintaining Web pages (preferred).
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides on-site and on-demand support to classroom teachers.
- Seeks to improve student learning by modeling and assisting teachers in the use of applications and best practices related to technology use across all curriculum areas.
- Serves as a resource to classroom teachers, but not intended to serve as classroom teacher. Trains teachers to use technology in the most effective manner, and assists with curriculum development as it relates to educational technology.
- Develops lesson plans that integrate subject-area content and technology.
- Provides assistance in the implementation of the district and building-level technology plans.
- Provides guidance to the school administrative staff in the evaluation and selection of new software, hardware and materials to support instructional objectives.
- Maintains site-based software licensing documentation and ensures that all software is properly licensed.
- Maintains a school-based inventory of software, hardware, and peripheral equipment.
- Assists in coordination of scheduling of the school’s computer lab(s) if applicable. Maintains technological competencies through research, coursework, attending conferences and workshops, and attending regular ITRT meetings and trainings.
- Provides after school and/or online training sessions not only for schools served but also for district Professional Development sessions. Performs other related tasks as required.
- Assists, when needed, with the set up and installation of new network computer equipment under the technical support staff’s direction.
- Demonstrates professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with parents, school and district personnel, and members of the community.
- Serves on school and district technology committees.
- Determines computer needs and recommends the purchase of new software and related devises and equipment and materials as a member of the technology instructional support team.
- Serves as a liaison between the schools, the Director of Technology in the central administration office, and hardware/software companies concerning pries, warranties and computer problems.
- Advises and trains school personnel in proper maintenance procedures of technology equipment/software in coordination with the technical support staff.
- Diagnoses hardware and software program problems. Seeks the assistance of the district technical support staff as required.
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology and Building Principals
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 220 Day Contract. Salary According to School Board Pay Plan.
EVALUATION: Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with School Board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of certificated personnel.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and duties as assigned by the building administrator. Richmond County Public Schools reserves the right to update, review or change this job description and related duties at any time.