JobID 1080 : Custodian (Part-Time) (#336782)
Posted: Continuous Posting
Deadline for application: Continuous Posting
Contract length: 260 days
Compensation: $12.40 per hour, no benefits
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday evenings; 4:30 p.m .- 8:00 p.m. (Typical hours)
Nature and Scope of Job: Under the direction of the Custodial Foreman, and guidance of the general custodian, employee is responsible for the cleaning of a certain area of the school building where assigned. May be required to accept responsibility of the general custodian in his or her absence. Duties and work should be performed according to work schedules and established procedures according to policy set by the Facilities Department. May require daily assignment changes.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
• Valid Colorado driver's license.
• Or any other combination of related education, experience, and training
Qualifications: Applicant must have the ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions; ability to deal tactfully with the public and staff; ability to respond under pressure to immediate situations while maintaining courteous and professional relationships with staff and public; ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy; ability to make decisions by using good judgment and common sense; ability to follow established safety practices; ability to work independently and with others; ability to perform all functions of the position.
Essential Job Functions:
• Operates cleaning equipment as needed.
• Uses positive verbal and non-verbal skills when working with district personnel and community members at all times.
• Performs work according to printed information on the Facilities Department work order system when required.
• Directs the activities of temporary employees.
• Responds to emergencies.
• Cleans rest rooms; vacuums, sweeps, mops, waxes and buffs floors.
• Cleans chalkboards; shampoos carpets; and empties wastebaskets.
• Washes windows, walls, light fixtures and furniture.
• Operates vacuum cleaners, floor machines, and other mechanical equipment.
• May be responsible for setting up and cleaning after the evening activities in assigned building.
• May substitute for a general custodian or other part time employee.
• Responsible for security, and locking up building at night when leaving.
• Performs set-up of rooms and/or equipment for special events.
• Clean body fluid spills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org