Job | Posted a month ago
Expectations of Robotics Coach:
- Instruct students in the fundamental skills, strategy and training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Provide instruction and guidance that will lead to the formulation and enhancement of self-confidence, self-discipline, good sportsmanship, acceptable social behavior, pride of accomplishment and moral values.
- Cooperates in a timely manner with the school's Athletic Director regarding requests for all rosters, bus departure times, physical, parent permission and emergency medical forms, program information relative to activity or any other additional information that might be periodically required. Checks on status of academic eligibility for all prospective team members. Works cooperatively with the Athletic Department.
- Follows Athletic Department policies as provided by the Athletic Director and meets all criteria as outlined in the job description. Recognizes the need to be aware of and implement all applicable administrative policies as set forth by the Board of Education and the Principal.
- Completes a full season of contests.
- Provides all applicable in-season training rules to team members in writing prior to the start of the season. Follows appropriate due process procedures when violations occur.
- Sets a positive example at all times while with team members and is appropriately dressed at all practices and competitions.
- Is prompt in meeting team for practices and competitions.
- Participates in any Awards Night programs relative to this sport.
- Maintains suitable conduct including the use of appropriate language at all events with respect to players, officials, and fans.
- Shows physical vitality and enthusiasm for the sport and uses good judgment in decision-making.
- Accepts and profits from constructive criticism and suggestions for improving coaching performance.
- Is competent in the techniques of robotics. Players respond positively to directions given by coach and demonstrate the ability to adapt properly to changing situations.
- Develops respect through his/her example in appearance, behavior, language and conduct at all times.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable in matters pertaining competitive robotics.
- Game plans and strategies reflect that the team is well-prepared for its opponents.
- Provides motivation for team to meet/exceed their goals and stresses the value of acceptable personal behavior by each team member. Actively promotes good sportsmanship at all times.
- Provides proper supervision during all bus trips. Makes certain no team members are left unsupervised in any facility following the conclusion of practices and/or competitions.
- Demonstrates proper discipline and control over individual team members under his/her control. Deals consistently and fairly with disciplinary problems as they arise.
- Works successfully with students of various ability levels. Adjusts activities to suit the skill levels of his/her team members.
- Develops a well-organized practice schedule and uses practice time effectively. Practice sessions show evidence of careful preparation in terms of objectives, teaching aids, etc. Utilizes practice time for both individual and team development.
- Maintains accurate inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.
- Demonstrates knowledge of skills associated with this activity.
- Possesses strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team member and parents.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Candidate should have knowledge of teaching and coaching techniques of the activity for which he/she is applying; prior experience as a participant on a middle/high school team, or the equivalent would be preferred; previous coaching experience in other sports will be considered.
- Candidate must complete all required information and background checks designated through the MCPS Policy Manual.
Type of Contract: Supplemental Extracurricular Activity Contract