District Office Administrative I Secretary - Accounting
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
Please note: Type test of 55 wpm or better required. TYPE TEST must be taken at the Granite District Human Resource's Office and submitted before the deadline date to be considered for this position. Current employees may have a copy on file.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Traci Peterson at (385)-646-4306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides accounts payable and related secretarial services for the department. Will be responsible for performing various district accounting related duties. Under the supervision of the department director, the secretary is responsible for the courteous and efficient operation of the department.
- Processes necessary paperwork to pay vendors and reviews payments already made to vendors using Purchasing Cards.
- Monitors vendor statements for outstanding invoices and takes steps to resolve.
- Reviews primary and backup documentation for compliance with district fiscal policy and procedures. Alerts supervisor to potential violations and logs such violations.
- Assists with annual school audits by assignment.
- Supports other work group members when needed. Provides organization in the office. Cross trains to perform any task required and to cover the responsibilities of other office staff as needed.
- Maintains statistical information or other data logs, spreadsheets on projects.
- Sorts, separates, and distributes incoming mail, products or material as needed in prescribed manner. Welcomes visitors and arranges for their needs and screens callers in accordance with predetermined policy. Places and receives telephone calls, records messages, and redirects inquiries for proper attention.
- Organizes, implements, and provides training on computer systems, programs and software which serves the needs of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have ability to learn and apply fiscal policies and department practices.
- Requires skill in word processing (55 wpm), computer operation plus relevant software, work organization, operation of business machines, basic math, oral and written communication, and interpersonal relations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to check written communications for spelling, grammar, punctuation, correct sentence, and paragraph structure.
- Requires strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with numbers logically and systematically.
- Ability to deal with people in a professional manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Ability to work effectively with others in circumstances that may include some stress.
- Ability to organize work and materials.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of district, employee, and other information.
- Ability to operate a variety of office machines.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Requires 6 months of prior job-related work experience.
Decision Making Authority
Prioritizes own work. Determines when to alert supervisor concerning potential budget overruns. Recommends solutions to problems to supervisor and department director. Recommends software and other enhancements to supervisor.
Communicates with vendors as well as the district superintendency, administrators, secretaries, and staff as needed to resolve issues related to district payments. Makes inquiries regarding adherence to district policy and procedures.
Standard office conditions. Deals with multiple supervisors. Works on multiple assignments with deadlines. Handles concerned patrons and deals with frequent interruptions.
Requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Ability to talk or hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to focus. Physical demands require moving and lifting supplies, equipment, etc. up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.