Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Chris Griffiths, The Principal, at (385)-646-5174 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week: 29
|Job Title||Parent Liaison|
|Salary Schedule||Hourly Classified|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||October 2020|
- The Parent Liaisons work directly with parents and students to build the capacity of parents in assisting their children to succeed academically. Parent liaisons make the bureaucracy of the school system manageable and accessible to parents. They serve as a liaison between teachers, parents, students, support staff and the community regarding educational programs, services, and student concerns in such areas as attendance, academics, behavior, and health. They assist staff with family outreach to set up meetings or provide communication in the primary language. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Provides outreach, support, and guidance services.
- Serves as a liaison between teachers, parents, students and support staff and the community regarding educational programs, services, and various student concerns.
- Provides outreach, liaison, and guidance services to assist in resolving student issues and problems in areas such as attendance, academics, behavior, health, etc.
- Serves as an informational resource to parents, staff and others concerning school programs, services, attendance, and other matters.
- Responds to inquiries and provides information concerning related activities, standards, guidelines, practices, goals, objectives, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Provides information and materials to parents to assist in the location and utilization of school and community services and resources.
- Refers parents to school services or community resources as appropriate.
- Translates communications between teachers, staff and limited or non-English speaking students and parents as assigned by the position.
- Serves as an interpreter for phone calls, and meetings as needed.
- Translates correspondences as needed.
- Composes, distributes, and responds to a variety of correspondence related to assigned liaison and support services.
- Schedules and arranges various student, parent and other appointments as assigned.
- Arranges, schedules and requests parent participation in conferences, meetings, and other activities.
- Encourages parents to participate in various school and community programs and services.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Proficient in a second language
Required Prior Experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in a second language.
- Skilled in communicating in person and over the phone.
- Basic understanding of current computer programs and usage.
- Skilled in interacting positively with students, parents, teachers, staff members, administration and other community resources.
Making decisions within guidelines.
Handles routine daily problems.
Interactions with Others
Positive interaction of students, teachers, support personnel, parents, and administrators.
General office conditions. May be making visits to students’ homes. May be required to work some evening events, such as family literacy nights, parent conferences, etc. May be exposed to illness, blood, and body fluids from students.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Some lifting/pushing/pulling but mostly under 20 lbs.