Elementary School Principal (Location To Be Determined)
Under the general supervision of the Superintendent of Schools, to provide leadership and supervision in administering the educational program of an Elementary School in order to promote the educational development and achievement of students in accordance with Board of Education policies, administrative procedures, rules and regulations, and applicable law.
To provide leadership in program development and improvement, as well as in professional staff development.
- Develops and administers school programs consistent with Utah State Board of Education (USBE) Core Standards and Tooele county School District (TCSD) goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff with regard to the ongoing evaluation and improvement of educational programs, including curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Promotes a school environment that is safe and conducive to individualized instruction, cooperative curriculum development, and student learning.
- Ensures that Board policies and procedures are implemented and followed at the school.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Encourages staff to continue to grow professionally and to experiment with new approaches or strategies to teaching.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and reporting for all student activities, attendance and records as required by law.
- Coordinates the work of school staff and school district program leaders to develop and implement instructional programs and teaching practices following the Professional Learning Community (PLC) model.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and works with teaching staff to modify instructional methods to fit students' needs, including students with special needs.
- Coordinates with the central office in recruitment and selection of employees, the proper maintenance of employee personnel files, the administration of collective bargaining agreements, corrective action, and other human resource issues.
- Organizes and conducts regular meetings with teachers for continuing development of instructional techniques.
- Involves staff in the evaluation of programs and the planning of new programs.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies.
- Supervises and evaluates teaching staff and other building employees in accordance with the school district's evaluation plan, and makes recommendations regarding goals, areas needing improvement and continued employment.
- Organizes and manages the budgetary and financial affairs of the school consistent with school district policies.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Superintendent and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts in accordance with USBE Core Standards.
- Knowledge of best practices in administration, program evaluation and staff supervision.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to develop and implement projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents and community.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to leadership, performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work
- USBE License Level: Professional License
- USBE License Area: Administrative/Supervisory (K-12)
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Masters Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Education Administration or other related educational discipline.
- Extensive successful teaching experience at the elementary level, preferably in more than one grade level.
- Successful administrative experience at the elementary school level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Apply online and submit a resume, academic transcripts, administrative license, and three current (within one year) letters of recommendation.
Full time, 258 Day Contract
Salary based on Tooele School District Principal Salary Schedule
Benefits at a Certified rate
12 days sick leave and 24 days annual leave per fiscal year.