Facilities & Transportation Office Clerk
FACILITIES AND TRANSPORATION OFFICE CLERK
Hiring Pay Range: $15.08 - $16.01
FTE 1.0 40 hours per week
12 Months, 261 days
Benefits Eligible, Non-Exempt
Location: Catalina Foothills High School
Target Start Date: 7/1/2022
Definition: Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities and Transportation, performs routine clerical work of moderate difficulty.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Performs administrative/clerical duties for the purpose of assisting the Director in the performance of their work and the efficient operation of the Facilities and Transportation Department.
- Maintains various records and compiles pertinent information for the Director’s use.
- Prepares documents for the purpose of providing information to the Director that comply with regulatory requirements (School Dude, School Facilities Oversight Board, Transportation).
- Maintains records/files for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information and compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and policy requirements.
- Prepares reports for the Director as needed.
- Processes, scans and files approved invoices efficiently and submits to Accounts Receivable at the Business office in a timely manner.
- Scans and electronically files various documents upon request by the Director, Maintenance Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Maintains spreadsheet for Maintenance and Operations budget.
- Manages the white fleet vehicle reservations and checks out vehicle keys to requesting personnel.
- Maintains organization of the plan room.
- Maintains files and performs other administrative support tasks.
- Makes follow up calls to vendors for proposals.
- Checks inventory of office supplies.
- Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, assists in the ordering of parts and supplies from vendors.
- Answers phones, routes calls and takes messages.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Skill in using word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Skill in performing accurate data entry.
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, administrators, students, parents and the general public.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
Other Desired Characteristics:
- Willingness to become knowledgeable regarding select policies, regulations and legal requirements as related to facilities and transportation.
- Exercises attentiveness to detail and organizational skills.
- Exercises flexibility and the capacity to prioritize new tasks.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED
- Six months of clerical experience (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.