Reviews, evaluates, translates, and records documents; performs related duties as required or assigned.
Salary: Teachers-(Certified) $25.00/hr (Hourly Rate-No Benefits Included)
Degreed (Bachelor's or Higher): $20.00/hr
Associates Degree or Non-Degreed: $15.00/hr
Please visit the NCPS website to determine salary specifics according to the current salary scale: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XTNoI8Bpa2ySAvUWF0co2r3ux9taXFOk?usp=sharing.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
Reviews and evaluates documents; translates school-home communications and systemwide documents from English to the target language; clarifies terminology and content; uses technology in English and the target language appropriately to format, translate, save, and retrieve work; assumes responsibility for quality of translation work submitted by reviewing, editing and revising own work; responds to editing suggestions of others; edits work of other translators; learns new translation skills and new technology, both hardware and software, maintains records of translations; and writes reports, some of which may involve extensive editing.
- Organize and maintain schedule of student and parent contacts.
- Communicate with the students’ classroom teachers to identify their academic strengths/needs.
- Communicate with parents and teachers regarding students’ academic progress.
- Attend all required training.
- Attend all IEP, LEP, Migrant, etc. in-services and meetings as required.
- Maintain records and submit reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Be a resource for the migrant students regarding other learning opportunities.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times towards migrant children, parents, staff, and community members.
- Provide a safe, stable environment conducive to the development of the children’s concept of self and positive attitudes towards learning.
- Exercise supervision and care over all furniture, books, supplies, and equipment entrusted to his/her care.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information concerning children and families.
- Be able to make or assist with presentations to the public (if necessary).
- Assist with conducting student assessments.
- Perform related work as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by building administrators or teacher.
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of student performance.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
- Uses calculating devices.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good record keeping/documentation skills.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, performs complex arithmetic operations and use calculators.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Ability to problem-solve issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to receive limited supervision from a specialist, manager or coordinator. May provide guidance and assistance to full-, part-time, and/or hourly employees, as required.
- Works in standard school building environments.
*See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
Bilingual candidate preferred; Teacher certification and/or Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associate’s Degree or college credit; High School Diploma, GED
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in education, languages, sociology, social work, or related field, plus one year of progressively more responsible multi-language experience with proficiency in the target language . Experiential knowledge of the culture, customs, and governmental and school services of countries speaking that language; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in English, as well as in one of the languages listed above; skill in interview and conference techniques; and ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with Northampton County Public Schools and Northampton County social services personnel, peers, and citizens from varying cultural and/or language backgrounds.