Instructional Data Coach
Leadership Mission for Department of Teaching and Learning:
Understanding the charge and the goals of the division strategic comprehensive plan regarding instruction, the FCPS Department of Teaching and Learning models how to develop people and workgroups, establishes rapport and creates an effort to bring out the best in people. We use situational leadership as a strategy to collaborate, adapt to the needs of all stakeholders, and make sound instructional decisions based on data. We showcase the willingness to do anything that needs to be done and fulfill our assigned responsibilities prior to seeking additional duties.
- We are here to guide instructional best practices while allowing the administrative teams to handle the day-to-day running of the buildings.
- We believe that empowerment through unity will enable the department to be viewed as a collaborative entity.
- We are able to accept feedback, are willing to reflect, and will seek additional clarification if necessary.
- All improvements start with collaboration and are carried out to the best of our abilities.
- Decisions begin and end with children as the primary focus.
Job Responsibilities - Coaches:
- Efficiently collaborate with transparency to other members of the FCPS instructional team in order to continually improve student instructional programs
- Seek support from Directors in the Department of Teaching and Learning as needed
- Report to Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Collaboratively lead areas of responsibility as indicated on job-specific list
- Keep Directors in the Department of Teaching and Learning informed of any concerns related to areas of responsibility
- Frequently communicate success/achievements in areas of responsibility with members of the Department of Teaching and Learning
Standards of Learning Assessments:
- Serve as the Site Test Coordinator (STC) for SOL and WorkKeys (substitute SOL tests) in assigned building(s) or assigned content subject(s).
- Comply with STC requirements as outlined in VDOE test implementation manuals.
- Collaborate with building level admin to establish testing schedule, locations, proctors and make-up test schedules.
- Keep building admin teams apprised of new assessment guidance and implications from VDOE.
- Track the students eligible for expedited retakes and corresponding paperwork.
- Maintain a current list of recovery students if applicable.
- Annually train all proctors on testing protocol.
- Minimize the number of irregularities with each test session as much as possible.
- Ensure SOL accommodations are provided in alignment with IEP and LEIP documents.
Professional Learning Communities:
- Serve as division contacts for PLC work.
- Facilitate PLC sessions with departments/grade levels based on plan aligned with school vision
- Analyze assessment data with a focus in equity and achievement to include but not limited to MAP, PALS, SOLS, VKRP, and WorkKeys.
- Use data to lead instructional conversations with teachers and administrators in order to improve achievement for all students.
- Share data conclusions with building admin and Department of Teaching and Learning.
- Maintain student and staff confidentiality related to assessment data outside of central office and building admin teams.
- Maintain Teaching and Learning portion of FCPS Scorecards each quarter.
- Collaborate with reading and math coaches to triangulate data to determine focuses and areas of strengths.
- Develop a continuous process/protocols to collect, analyze, and disseminate data.
- Model, co-teach and/or plan for effective teaching strategies in classrooms based on data-driven needs and Dept. of T&L collaboration.
- Collaborate with other coaches to plan with Dept. of T&L to provide professional development related to individual teacher, grade level/departments, and/or school needs.
- Oversee compliance with current IB program requirements as appropriate based on high school assignments and IB programs.
- Provide timely feedback that encourages effective classroom management and supports teacher development.
- Support teachers with planning effective lessons as decided by building admin and Dept. of T&L
- Participate in content area meetings, as needed.
- Provide professional development, as needed.