Warehouse Distribution Manager
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Garth Hunt, Operations Manager at (385)-646-8487 or email email@example.com
|Job Title||Warehouse Distribution Manager|
|Department||Bates Central Kitchen|
|Supervisor||Director / Manager|
|Contract Length||12 Months|
|Last Review Date||May 2022|
The Nutrition Services Warehouse Distribution Manager is responsible for the orderly operation of the Nutrition Services Warehouse and the timely delivery of food to district schools. This position will oversee the daily operations of the Nutrition Services Warehouse, including the shipping, receiving, returns and transfers of all warehouse items. This position also coordinates the delivery of items and food to schools, as well as ensuring delivery trucks are maintained in good order.
Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Plan, train, supervise, and inspect the work of assigned delivery and warehouse personnel.
- Coordinate, prepare, and schedule shift food delivery operations to schools and other specified locations.
- Coordinate school bell schedules, address time issues, incorporate school schedules into schedule.
- Create and update turn-by-turns in computer program to create route sheets
- Receive and resolve problems involving deliveries.
- Manage the inspection of trucks for interior cleanliness, service, and proper usage; ensure daily vehicle inspections are completed and recorded
- Manage miles and fuels costs for Food Service deliveries; assign pin numbers to drivers.
- Coordinate, schedule and ensure vehicle maintenance and/or repairs with dealers and Maintenance Shop, request, and track vehicle work orders.
- Monitor and assist in the tracking end enforcement of Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL) regulations, drug testing policies, and driver/incident accident investigate reports.
- Manage GPS tracking program and back up cameras including installation, maintenance, and correct operation.
- Ensure products, cages, cold boxes, carriers, etc. are securely loaded in accurate trucks and that truck weights are not exceeded.
- May fill in as a driver and/or respond to call outs.
- Conform to safety standards.
- Responsible for and oversees the management of all warehouse activities, including inventory control, ordering, receiving, unloading, counting, stocking, and filling of orders for schools and Central Kitchen.
- Sets safety and sanitation standards and ensures safe operations for all warehouse staff and activities by performing inspections, preventative maintenance, and providing training. Must maintain appropriate records and recommend repairs as needed.
- Manages clerical and data entry services, including but not limited to data entry on all incoming warehouse stock, verification of all receiving documents, preparation of computer receiving reports for Accounting Department and Purchasing Department, control and documentation of all materials returned to vendors for credit, and preparation and follow-up of freight damage and shortage claims.
- Provides training and job performance feedback to staff.
- Develops, coordinates and updates delivery routes for food delivery and catering to schools. Ensures delivery routes timing does not impact student safety nor the serving of meals.
- Facilitates a good working relationship between the transportation and production staff.
- Participate and contribute to development of department’s operating budget and assist in cost analysis. Understands and drives warehouse and distribution initiatives as well as cost conscious culture.
- Required to attend all trainings, meetings, and conferences as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work effectively with others in stressful circumstances.
- The performance of this the job requires the use of power equipment, hand tools, cleaning supplies, telephone, power tools, power equipment, trucks, cleaning equipment, nonperishable, and perishable foods.
- Must have a knowledge of operation and preventive maintenance of forklifts, pallet jacks, hydraulic stacker, etc. Requires knowledge of safety procedures (e.g., Safety Data Sheets, OSHA, etc.).
- Must have intermediate computer skills that include internet, email, word processing, graphics and multimedia, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Must have basic clerical skills.
- Must have knowledge of freight procedures, such as: preparation of loss and damage claims, tracking shipments in route, preparation of a bill of lading, and dealing with general freight company procedures.
High school diploma or equivalent
Associates Degree preferred
Must have a valid Utah Driver’s license
Must have a valid CDL or be willing to obtain within 180 days of employment
Must have a ServSafe certification or be willing to obtain within 60 days of employment
Must have OSHA forklift/pallet jack certification or willing to obtain within 90 days of employment.
Required Prior Experience
Three years of warehouse supervisory experience to include distribution, transportation and logistics.
Assigned Decision Making
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish tasks assigned. Needs to be able to motivate people to work cooperatively and efficiently as a team. Must be able to handle emergencies as they arise. Must take direction well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with staff, managers, directors, vendors, and other district personnel.
Supervises personnel in the Foods Warehouse, including Assistant Warehouse Distribution Manager, warehouse employees, truck drivers and helpers. Provides training for employees, work assignments and schedules, approves vacation leave and makes recommendations for disciplinary action. Oversees payroll activities for assigned staff.
Cost reporting, inventory control, cost analysis.
Some assignments are outside in heat, cold, dirt, and inclement weather. Some hazards include driving, handling small quantities of hazardous materials, working at heights, and using material handling equipment. May move large, heavy items up and down stairs. Continuous pressure to complete tasks in a variety of work assignments with involuntary interruptions and extended days in meeting deadlines.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs., occasionally more.