Curriculum Director - Science
Tooele County School District announces a full-time opening for a Curriculum Director. Applicants must possess a current Level 2 Utah Teaching License, and five years teaching experience. Master’s Degree required. Degree or endorsement in science is required. Leadership experience is also required.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Teaching and Learning, the Curriculum Director assists the department team in working to support classroom instruction and enhance academic achievement.
Primary responsibilities include planning, developing, and coordinating curriculum, instructional programs, assessment and staff development for teachers and other school/district staff. Emphasis will be on implementation of the K- 12 science, computer science, fine arts, and PE curriculum, with additional curriculum assignments as directed. Applicants should have deep knowledge and understanding of science education, the Utah SEEd Standards, and general best teaching practices.
Additional responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide knowledge of curriculum standards and instructional support including facilitating use of appropriate teaching strategies and best or promising practice, providing information to school staff regarding student assessment results and instructional impact, and participating in reflective dialogue with teachers, instructional coaches and principals to improve teacher effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with principals and teachers to promote positive change and commitment to establishing engaged learning environments; provide demonstrations of effective teaching approaches or procedures and offer guidance on why such techniques are important to learning; engage teachers in active learning and exploration to maintain continuous improvement.
- Respond in a timely and positive manner to all requests for instructional support from school and district administrators.
- Gather student achievement data and information about the school/district context for learning; assist with achievement results data analysis; share and discuss results data with school/district staff to ensure that students’ and schools’ instructional needs are being met.
- Serve as a resource person to assist school/district staff in the selection of instructional equipment, software, and resource materials to support educational goals.
- Maintain accurate and complete records for curriculum planning, pacing and programs as required.
- Collaborate with Department of Teaching and Learning members and with school campuses to identify curriculum, instruction and assessment training needs.
- Plan, develop, and conduct training and staff development on the written curriculum, aligned instructional strategies, and aligned assessment techniques.
- Keep current with research and state of the art technology including equipment, resources and software that can support and enhance instructional programs.
- Participate in training and professional development needed to perform assigned duties.
- Attend and represent the district at assigned State/Regional meetings.
Contract will start July 1, 2022
Salary Range: District Office Administrative Salary Schedule
Contract: Position is for 260 days
CLOSING DATE: May 25, 2022
Questions concerning this position should be directed to Executive Director of Teaching and Learning Cody Reutzel, (435) 833-1900, X1132, or Wynn Porter, Director, Human Resources, (435) 833-1900, X1920.
Tooele County School District Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Tooele County School District to provide and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability. The District provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of applicants in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Individuals needing special accommodations should notify Wynn Porter, HR Director at Tooele County School District, 92 So. Lodestone, Tooele, UT or call (435) 833-1900.