School Safety and Security Technician
School Safety and Security Technician
Overview of Position:
The position of the Safety and Security Technician is a full-time staff position within the Bradley County School System. The intent with the establishment of this position is to provide a practical subject matter expert within the district to allow for the constant maintenance of safety and security technologies and cyber security conditions at all educational and support facilities inside the geographical boundaries of the Bradley County school District. This is a multi-facetted position that encompasses the duties normally seen in the fields of Information Technology and Physical and Cyber Security.
Works with and reports to: Safety and Security Coordinator
Position responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance, configuring, and management of over 763 (and growing) Internet Protocol cameras, encoders, and related servers at all facilities
- Surveillance software continuity, mapping, configuring, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Access control continuity, configuring, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing security hardware, software, and network issues to include but not limited to visitor management, access control, camera equipment, security recording appliances, and other network related devices
- Training first Responders, SROs, Principals and other staff on surveillance equipment and software utilization
- Monitor system compliance of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Responsible for all Information Technology networking of security systems and maintenance of systems including new or retrofit installation and coordination if contracted
- Assist: district cybersecurity profile; implement, monitor, and maintain plan
- Keep up to date on current federal, state, and local regulations, legislation and changes in cybersecurity, and related Occupational Safety and Health Standards
- Answer security hardware and software work orders with follow-up and feedback
- Performs other duties as assigned; assist I.T. Department as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: utilizing diagnostic tools; adhering to safety practices; and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include office application software; current and legacy computer operating systems (multi-platform); maintenance and repair of cameras, computers, chrome books, iPads, printers, LCD touch panels, projectors, instructional media equipment; etc.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances, and operate equipment using a variety of processes. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with similar types of data, and utilize a wide variety of types of job-related equipment. Problem-solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem-solving is moderate to significant. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; establishing effective working relationships; displaying technical aptitude; communicating with technologically diverse groups; being attentive to detail; and working under time constraints.
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. The job is performed under conditions with exposure to the risk of injury and/or illness and in a clean atmosphere.
Experience: Job-related experience is preferred.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. College Degree is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Networking, Network Administration, Network management and Security, or other closely related field from an accredited institution of higher learning. Experience in the Information Technology networking field, security management and installation services is acceptable. Must have a working knowledge of cybersecurity across the cyberspace domain (Physical network layer, Logical network Layer, Cyber-persona Layer). Must be familiar with and work with “Integrating Cybersecurity with Emergency Operations Plans for K-12 Education” guidelines. Must have 3-5 years experience with Internet Protocol cameras, access control, and other security hardware/software installation. Ideal candidate will be familiar with Avigilon and Avigilon control center hardware/software. Applicant must be able to pass the system required background check. Position requires possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required. The technician must have reliable transportation.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt