Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Jay Parks, Foreman, at (385)-646-4276 or email email@example.com
|Job Title||HVAC Journeyman|
|Supervisor||Lead and Foreman|
|Contract Length||12 months|
|Last Review Date||May 2021|
Installs, repairs, and maintains building, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment throughout the schools and other district buildings. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Maintains, repairs and services building heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
- Participates in refrigerant tracking program to assure compliance with Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Participates in annual inspection of boilers to ensure safe and proper operation and to meet insurance requirements. Also performs combustion analysis on suspect burners to maximize energy efficiency.
- Performs inspections, repair, and replacement of HVAC-R systems, including ductwork, dampers, and air distribution equipment. Inspects new installations of mechanical equipment and boilers.
- Works closely with Energy Management in service and repair of direct digital temperature and energy management controls. Assists in implementation of Indoor Air Quality management plan providing clean, well ventilated buildings. Inspects mechanical and HVAC-R systems, ductwork, dampers, and air distribution equipment.
- Participates in education and compliance requirements of apprentices in techniques, equipment, safety, policies, and procedures, as necessary.
- May be assigned to participate in organizations, committees and sub-committees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Must have a current and valid Utah driver’s license.
Must have four years of job-related experience.
Must possess a current and valid class 1 and 2 Refrigerant Handlers Certification.
Must be willing to obtain and maintain a current Boiler Operator’s and Steam Engineer’s permit within the first two years of employment.
Required Prior Experience
Must have four years of job-related experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must have thorough current working knowledge of HVAC-R trade as it applies to commercial and industrial installation, maintenance and repair and its accompanying tools, equipment, and procedures.
- Must have ability to understand blueprints, technical drawings, and schematics.
- Must maintain current knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations as to air quality, refrigerant and hazardous waste handling, transportation, and disposal.
- Must have a good working knowledge of relevant building and safety codes including pertinent aspects of OSHA, EPA, MSDS and ADA.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must be skilled in oral and written communications and interpersonal relations.
- Must be able to plan work and organize apprentices and temporary workers, materials, and equipment for specific projects.
- Must keep abreast of changing developments in techniques in relevant fields.
May consult with administrators, teachers, co-workers, and patrons to assist in the timely completion of projects. Assists in planning work projects. Assures that each assignment has sufficient tools, materials, and supplies. Determines repairs and replacements of equipment as needed. Prioritizes work for specific jobs assigned. Must be able to perform assigned tasks without on-site supervision. May determine that the use of specific equipment is a danger to the user and remove the equipment or neutralize it in place.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, teachers, principals, district personnel and other outside vendors or agencies.
Requires ability to motivate apprentices.
Ability to plan and initiate activities.
Responsible for planning work as assigned, assuring a high-quality finished product.
Makes specific work assignments and monitors performance of assigned employees.
Assist in evaluating performance of apprentices
Financially responsible to maintain and track purchase card usage and follow purchasing guidelines.
Maintaining and tracking of inventory.
Subject to a variety of temperatures. Responds to district emergencies during irregular hours. May be subject to high locations, awkward positions, heat, noise, dirt, chemicals, and confined spaces. May have occasional stress from emergencies and in meeting deadlines. Interruptions may occur while performing work requiring accuracy and concentration.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Occasional heavy lifting, generally not exceeding 100 lbs.