SAN CARLOS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20
P.O. Box 207, San Carlos, AZ 85550
www.sancarlosbraves.org * (928) 475-2315
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn’ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
Catering Manager - Job Description
Summary- planning and supervising all food service activities in school.
CLASSIFICATION: At-Will Classified
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance
- Friendly and respectful to students and staff
- Must have ability to read and write simple instructions
- Catering experience preferred.
- Must have mathematical ability to work with monies and operate cash register and related business machines as requested
- Must comply with Safety Rules and Regulations and OSHA requirements
- Must have or be able to obtain within thirty days of employment start date a ANSI Certification for food handler (renewed every 3 years)
- Must be able to obtain a ANSI ServeSafe Certification (renewed every 5 years}
- Must follow appropriate dress code to meet health standards
- Must be in good health and have ability to lift up to 30 pounds, stoop, bend, stand and reach
- Must have a valid Arizona State driver’s license
- Performs similar duties for special meal occasions and catering, as needed
- Complies with Safety Rules & National School Lunch Program Regulations and OSHA requirements
- Operates cash register
- Assists in counting and preparing monies and necessary paperwork for daily deposit
- Orders food service supplies, as needed
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner
- Calibrate and use thermometers to ensure
- Proper cooking ,holding and cooling temperatures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
REPORTS TO: Food Service Manager
- Manage, schedule, document and deliver Catered events and School contract meals
- Clean up and account for all pots, pans and utensils after events
- This position performs general food service, food preparation, and food service sanitation, according to the Arizona State health code regulations, fulfilling the dietary needs of students and faculty with adequately prepared meals
- Position requires cashiering with accountability for reimbursable meals and ala carte items and catered events
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Assists in the preparation of food
- Prepares meals from standardized recipes including cold and cooked salads, gelatins, salad dressings, and beverages also includes basic cooking such as hamburgers, chicken patties, etc.
- Sets up serving lines
- Serves students and faculty in a friendly manner
- Maintains the trash collection area in a neat and sanitary fashion
- Washes equipment, pots, pans, and serving utensils
- Operates various kitchen machines when necessary (mixers, blenders, ovens and slicers, etc.)
- Removes used dishes and assists in the cleaning of counters, tables, and furnishings in the dining area
- Must be able to stand at an assigned location on concrete based tile flooring and work continuously for extended periods of time, supervising employees in food receiving, storage, preparation and serving.
- Carry, move and stock food, supplies and equipment weighing up to 40 lbs., storing at heights from 6” to 60” from the floor.
- Must also be able to file correspondence, reports, computer printouts, etc. in containers or drawers ranging in height from 1" to 48" from the floor.
- Must be physically able to tolerate temperatures ranging from -10 F. to 40 F. for periods of time up to one-half hour.
- Must be able to tolerate temperatures of 80 F. for the duration of the defined work day. Must have the stamina necessary for the efficient performance of duties.
- Must be free from communicable diseases.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Personnel.
Please apply online at sancarlosbraves.net, under the Employment tab, Applitrak our online application system. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resource Department Manager at (928) 475-2315, Ext. 1411.