Administrative Assistant II - Auxiliary Programs
Salary: $34,818 - $44,662
Performs intermediate clerical work performing a variety of secretarial and clerical tasks in an office environment; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of a coordinator, department director or assistant superintendent.
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects, and some light work requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of machines, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions..
- Serving as confidential secretary to a school division executive such as an assistant superintendent, coordinator or department director; processing incoming mail, telephone calls and visitors; preparing and maintaining detailed and complex records and files.
- Types general correspondence, memoranda, reports, schedules, contracts, purchase orders and other materials from rough draft, copy, marginal notes or verbal instruction;
- Responds to inquiries about programs, qualifications, procedures and policies;
- Maintains appointment calendar; schedules appointments and meetings; notifies appropriate parties regarding upcoming meetings;
- Prepares for and attends meetings; gathers components and accurately records information;
- Disburses copies of reports as required;
- Checks and reviews a variety of data for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established standards and procedures;
- Processes requisitions, vouchers and invoices;
- Collects and prepares data for records and reports;
- Maintains computerized records and generates appropriate reports;
- Makes arithmetical calculations; requisitions supplies and materials for department;
- Receives, sorts and processes mail;
- Operates standard office, word processing and data entry equipment;
- Performs related tasks as required.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
General knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment and secretarial techniques; thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic; thorough knowledge of agency programs and policies; ability to type accurately and at a reasonable rate of speed; ability to make arithmetical calculations; ability to meet the public effectively; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, students and the general public; ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school including or supplemented by courses in typing and some clerical and secretarial experience..
FLSA Status: Non-exempt