Chief Human Resources Officer
Renders leadership in all functions in the area of Human Resources; provides planning, organizing, and coordinating of the Human Resources Department. Renders direct supervision in the development of the budget.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides personnel management including the recruitment, screening, interviewing, and recommendation for employment of all classes of professional and support employees.
- Maintains and ensures the confidentiality of all personnel records, and is the designated custodian of personnel records.
- Supervises and is responsible for all ADA / EEOC compliance issues, as well as investigations related to discrimination, harassment, and wage matters.
- Serves as the Superintendent’s designee for all personnel matters.
- Administers the professional licensure and re-licensure programs for all instructional personnel.
- Provides for supervision in employee workplace safety programs.
- Supervises the implementation of contact and liaison activities with institutions of higher education.
- Establishes, cultivates, and supervises business partnership efforts to support employee recognition programs.
- Administers and maintains current procedures for the Virginia employee grievance process; support and licensed.
- Plans and executes an annual recruitment program which highlights contact with minority applicants, and hard-to-staff positions.
- Directs and is accountable for all allocated funds for recruitment activities.
- Works with building administrators in the on-going teacher evaluation and recertification processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
- Thorough knowledge of current trends and effective practices related to human resources.
- Ability to provide strong and visible leadership, direct professional staff, manage multiple assignments, apply creative problem-solving techniques, and work effectively to implement change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all school board employees, the administrative staff of the governing authority, and the general public.
Candidate should have at least ten (10) years experience in education and/or human resources; five (5) of which should be in an administrative or a supervisory position as school principal.
Candidate must have a master’s degree in administration and supervision, and must possess or be eligible to possess Postgraduate Professional License in Virginia with administrative, and/or supervisory endorsement(s).
Preferred doctorate degree in appropriate field.
$127,758.00 to $184,703.00